The Manhasset Public Library provides Internet access to all patrons:
Children up through 6th grade- Children’s Room, 3rd Floor
Teens grades 7-12- TeenZone, 2nd Floor
Adults- Computer Center, 2nd Floor
Patrons with a card from any Nassau County library can log onto an available computer. Out-of-towners can obtain a visitor’s pass at the Reference Desk.
Please note that the Library does not use filtering software on its Internet computers
Users are allotted a one-hour session per day and may log in for an additional one-hour session if no one is waiting.
Users may download material to the printer or portable storage media but not to the hard drive.
The first 5 pages printed (black & white only) per day are free with a charge of $ .10 per additional page. All color printing is $ .25 per page.
Persons using the Internet are expected to:
- Respect the computers and computer systems and not interfere with or disrupt network users, services, programs, software, or equipment.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license laws.
- Use the computers and the Internet only for lawful purposes.
- Not transmit or access obscene (as defined by Federal & State laws) or threatening materials.
- Abide by New York State Penal Law §245.11 prohibiting “the public display of offensive sexual material.”
The Library reserves the right to remove the privilege of anyone who tampers with or damages the equipment or programs or who engages in activities specifically prohibited by this policy statement.
For safety reasons NEVER give out personal information on the Internet such as name, address, phone number, school, password, credit card number, social security number, etc.